Today was a beautiful day in PE. We had a week of wind, rain and cloud but today was glorious. We decided to drive out to the Sunday's River Valley to take a look at a house my brother Chris and his wife Sue have put an offer on. It is a sadly neglected property but it has plenty of potential and it's in a good position. There is even a place for Sue's business on the property. Now they just have to wait for the bank to ok their loan and renovations can begin.
One of the really great things is that the garden has lots of shady trees - so important during the hot Valley summers where temperatures soar into the 40's . We're looking forward to visiting them and enjoying long icy cold drinks in the shade of those trees.
On the way home we took a turn past the new stadium being built for the 2010 Soccer World Cup. It's coming on a pace and if I could work out how to post my photos without them jumping to the top of the post I'd share them here. I guess I'll have to start a completely new post just for the photos of the stadium.
1 comment:
@brenda I hope Chris and Sue's bond comes through. You have some
wonderful settled old houses in Port Elizabeth. Re the stadium, I think you
are at more or less the same stage as we are in CT (see my pic on veritas
vibes. Good idea to separate personal and work blog - I may do the samewhen I have more blog posts.
Post a Comment